RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hopefully i made the right choice
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 04:18 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EXT2Rob
Is that a fact! Yeah wouldn't surprise me I guess. I got into a back & forth with a guy at Castle. He was trying to tell me that they engineer "aircraft quality" units. So I tried to ask him why they felt they had to come out with the Sv3, then. "well to make it waterproof" Yeah maybe, but I sure wouldn't want to fly on one of THEIR airplanes. I just wanted to find out what kind of amp draws a given motor has. (the 5700kv 1406 4-pole) and I couldn't get him to give me an answer. Do you know? I mean, as far as what a decent ESC would be good with that motor? What "amp rating"?
Are we talking Boeing 787 Dreamliner quality electronics? Then yes they are about as faulty
Yea getting ratings out of CC is harder then getting Traxxas to release a new chassis
I've seen a page that had CC's ratings before, and honestly they were not impressive at all. It was a site CC owned to sell their ESC's for industrial use so they had to give the true ratings. From what I remebmer for instance the 1/8th scale MM is rated 120A's... where the consumer page just says GOOD ENOUGH FOR...