RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why wood only in 424
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 07:59 AM
edalves68

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Conrod,

Thanks for the summary of New Zealand racing. I know that I often feel that living in Montana makes pylon racing challenging from a geographic/logistical stand point. After reading your post, I'm very appreciative that all I have to do is drive to our club (BFM), Helena, MT 3.5-4 hours, Calgary, CA 9 hours, and Spokane, WA 8.5 hours for an organized race. I have yet to race in Denver but it's only 8 easy hours. I have even considered making the drive to MN to the twin cities to race. The ups and downs I read of in pylon history, booms and bust, different classes, are indicative of any activity and of human nature. Making me want to go back in time when even the State of Montana had a race in Missoula, Great Falls, Chester, Helena, Miles City, Sydney and Billings. Each of those towns hosted a race at least one weekend or twice thru out summer. Geoff, I too struggle with local buddies. In 4 years I have not been able to recruit a caller, or other racers for that matter. I have great support from some very accomplished guys but due to other hobbies, position in life they are un able to travel the race circuit. Maybe it's just me,? I'm the only one really active (one other, his racing family is from Helena) from Billings, where 10-15 years ago there was a half a dozen very active Billings racers. I had hoped that EF1, the Billings races would help, but locally that does not have seemed to occurred, at least over the last couple years. I can only imagine what it would be like to have a consistent caller. Fortunately, my eldest son is 5 and in 3 years or so he will be calling for me, and then I'll be calling for him, I can't wait!!!!!! Thanks again Geoff, hang in there!!!!

Last edited by edalves68; 02-27-2014 at 08:04 AM.