RCU Forums - View Single Post - HPI Savage Flux HP good choice?
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 06:19 AM
Neymar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI Savage Flux HP good choice?

Hi,

I'm thinking about buying a HPI Savage Flux HP. I've had a couple of RC cars, i've had an HPI Bullet 3.0, sold it because nitro isn't my thing. Then bought a Rustler VXL, year later a E-Maxx Brushless Edition (second hand). A year ago I sold my Rustler VXL and E-Maxx Brushless Edition to buy a E-Revo Brushless Edition. The E-Maxx wasn't durable at all, and much people said the E-Revo Brushless Edition is way more durable then a E-Maxx. Okay, it is, but the diffs and the driveshafts aren't. I broke my diffs 4 times in 4 weeks, which is too much. Because I was just mad I sold the truck to buy something REALLY durable.

Now i'm trying to look as good as I can to buy a durable truck, and the Savage Flux HP is way more durable then a E-Revo or E-Maxx I read. The thing I see much, is 'just buy a Thunder Tiger MT4 G3'. I looked at it, and don't like the look of it. So it won't be the TT MT4 G3.

But I really like the Savage. It can take 6s, hell yeah. The E-Revo couldn't take 6s at all (the way I drive it), one time i drove 6s and broke the rear diff (which was brand new, I replaced it and shimmed it!), and 3 driveshafts...unbelievable.

But will the Savage Flux HP be a good car for me? I just want a strong car, that can take the power of the MMM. I love the MMM combo, but not when my truck can't take the power.

I'm not a die-hard basher, but I like pulling the throttle. I know the backflips would give me a kick. Love the power. But are the diffs strong? And what about the stability of the truck? It's an MT, my Bullet was an MT too, and the stability was acceptable for an MT, is it the same for the Savage?

Thanks!

Greets.