RCU Forums - View Single Post - RealFlight 7 - Which Version?
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 08:20 AM
N410DC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Propworn
I thought the idea of using your transmitter was to be able to familiarize yourself with the features of that transmitter and help fine tune the controls. For example the controls and switches on the interlink do not compare to most transmitters except the where the gimbals are concerned. Are not all of the curves and programming features of the transmitter available when used instead of the interlink? I have not had a Realflight package but my old Aerofly with the transmitter adaptor allowed me all the program features of my old Prism 7X something the supplied controller could not duplicate.

The reason I am asking is I have been considering upgrading to new software and I am split between the Realflight and Aerofly. I am not a heli flyer predominantly a scale aero and glider pilot.

I am still trying to make up my mind.

Dennis
I think getting the "feel" for your own transmitter is an advantage of using the interlink edition. There are clear advantages to getting the Interlink Elite edition, but I personally like using my Futaba 6EX with the simulator, since the dual rate switch, and a couple of other switches, are not in the same place on the Interlink Elite controller.

If you use your own controller, it helps a great deal to use one that can handle multiple planes, and to assign on model memory slot to the simulator. Otherwise, you may have to change some settings when you go between the simulator and the real airplanes. The software can handle servo reversing, so these settings do not have to be changed on the transmitter. Others settings may need to be saved.