RCU Forums - View Single Post - TF GS P47 - Saito FG84 R3 install
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 06:56 PM
DHC6
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TF GS P47 - Saito FG84 R3 install

Well guys since I saw this beauty I wanted to get one and put it on my P47. I am sure most of you saw my previous thread where I did a minor cosmetic makeover of this aircraft, now it's time for a RADIAL YEEHAWW!!!

So I started off by cutting the hole for the carb, once that's done your pretty much committed

This is what I used to make the initial cut then cleaned it up with a sanding wheel on the dremel.

Because the carb sits inside the fuselage I had to push the tank back so I made a support and a "stopper".

Here is the support

Here is the stopper to keep it from sliding forward. You can also see the carb there inside.

Here is what it looks like with the engine mounted.

Because this engine is so much heavier then the DLE I had to relocate all my batteries, receiver and power system.

Here are the mounting plates I made, simple and effective.

Here all the electronics remounted.

For now that's where it is, still need to cut the cowl, Unfortunately it will stick out, but it will be worth the sound!

I have also decided to make (well not me, but I have a buddy from the club who can weld) a custom exhaust that will exit in the scale locations. I wanted to put the exhaust ring from Keleo but due to the raised sides on the firewall (which is where it get's all it's strength from) it won't fit. So I have come up with a simple design that I hope will give me the sound of the Keleo while exiting from the scale locations.