RCU Forums - View Single Post - P-39 Airacobra Brotherhood
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 10:53 AM
RZayas
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am getting ready to start building the fuse for my TF P-39 kit and before I start I need to think how the motor is going to fit in the nose. I have an RCV 90SP that I would like to use so that I don't have to hack the nose too much and to get a nice looking finished product. The RCV 90SP fits tight inside the nose leaving room for hardly anything else. The RCV 90SP factory muffler is like any other 4 stroke engine muffler of that size and will not fit in the nose unless I make an unpleasantly big hole on the skin, which I don't want to do. I'm looking for ideas on how to get around this problem. So far I looked on youtube at how to make an exhaust silencer from scratch but haven't found much on the topic. Also a website (Keleo Creations. . .) offers a readily available muffler but the way it is configured it's not appropriate for the P-39 (because of the retractable front landing gear). Has anyone in the p-39 brotherhood ever fiddled with this issue before me? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated, Thanks.