RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESM FW D-9
Thread: ESM FW D-9
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 08:24 PM
STICK MODE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by McCrazy
As I slogged my way through the entirety of this thread I began wondering the same thing. Only thought that comes to mind is that these planes cross the line value-wise where most do not want to risk losing them. Doesn't seem like anyone has really done a lot of flying in theirs, and the risk of damaging the wing and retracts due to their fragility doesn't help.

Speaking of retracts, seems to me that for the $600-$1000 people are investing in retracts for these planes they ought to be bulletproof. I think of the firearms I can buy in that price range and all the material, design, and manufacturing effort that goes into them and can't believe these retractable landing gear cost the same yet perform so poorly and are such simple objects. Seems like it would be a fairly easy market for someone to get into with room for plenty of profit if you could make decent equipment.
Mines done over 98 flights now with no issues with the retracts The short nose FW190 has over 200 flights on her again no issues
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1490.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	3.48 MB
ID:	1977259   Click image for larger version

Name:	FW190.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	855.0 KB
ID:	1977260