RCU Forums - View Single Post - Never Buy a Hanger 9 product again!!
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 10:38 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by scottrc
I have to say I like their quality, subjects, and service, but I too do not, or should I say cannot, buy their products because they just do not leave them on the market very long.

I gotta think that the time offered is in direct relation to the profitability of each plane . Supposing it costs a certain amount to have the factory do a run of let's say Twin Otters , and being a new plane everybody's just GOTTA have one . So the first few thousand or so of em sell like hotcakes and H9 makes a nice return on it's investment . Subsequent runs don't sell as well cause , well , it ain't the latest and greatest shiny new RC bling , so they order less to be made cause less are selling . Eventually , except for a few who REALLY loved the design the sales dwindle to the point of not being able to sell enough of em to justify the factory time to produce the order . I couldn't blame any company who would eventually stop supporting something that had become no longer profitable . Had the Otter developed it's own "cult following" like , for instance the Sig Spacewalker , well then you can bet demand would have kept the supply side happy and producing nice new Otters for years to come .

PS , I miss the resounding "CLUNK !" as an eight track changed tracks too , but lack of demand kinda did them in as well

Last edited by init4fun; 03-19-2014 at 10:43 AM.