RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bro rc Surfer Custom Boards
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 04:57 AM
YPC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio review

Been using the TURNIGY 3XS 2.4G PIstol Grip Radio for the past year - very regularly. Initially chose to try it out and compare it with the HK GT2 2.4G - pistol grip radio.

On initial impressions - it looked a little more High-Tech - only needed 4 bats as opposed to 8 bats - had more advanced tuning /set-up functions - BUT - has not proven to be all that robust for day to day use - especially in the Salt Air environment.

Things that broke easily - Antenna pivot ( plastic) - the small spring hook (plastic) within the throttle mechanism - Steering spring rusted and broke - worst of all 'the rolling cylinder which is used to elect and select the set up mode and settings displayed on the digital display screen rusted rather soon - negating all possible adjustments - stuck with fixed set-up settings.......not nice at all.
More recently now, I have been experiencing intermittent delays and loss of bind - which I can only put down to further corrosion within the units electronics.

The feel of the steering wheel has also been tight and it has a small throttle cut button on the hand grip - which is so often acidently actuated due to its position - cutting the motor ( irritating)
Although it has an option to select two various steering proportion whilst one is surfing - it is not possible to custom fine tune either the throttle or steering s proportion settings on the run...which is limiting.

The HK GT2 radio has proven to be a real reliable work horse radio - so cheap it could be disposable - yet tough and lasts so well - this radio I have had for well over two years ( used solid for a year) without a glitch. The steering and throttle travel / proportion adjustments are made by use of simple pods - which can be adjusted on the run - and - I have always enjoyed the feel of the wheel - more solid and seemingly accurate..

Operating anything in the salt environment is corrosion waiting to happen - The HK GT2 has thus far proven to withstand the conditions well- is a simply adequit radio and is the least expensive of radio's, should one eventually need to replace it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0006.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	1979727   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0007.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	1979728   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0009.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	71.6 KB