RCU Forums - View Single Post - Royal-FW190A8
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 10:06 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

emblems are a challenge:
so I have a decal sheet from my kit and I also have some water slide paper my problem was my printer has no way to recognize the color white so after several attempts at trying t work the water slide idea I gave up and went to my fall back option and had some stencils made up, usually I would buy my stencils from www.getstencils.com but after sending off a sheet of graphics a while ago and getting my stencils there was some small issues that I didn't want to deal with like getting my graphics back and not having to ship them off to there shop rolling them in a tube etc..

this time I decided to go local and used a company here in San Francisco called landmark sign Co. they did a great job duplicating the graphics on my decal sheet and I am really happy with the results,I will post there address/information tomorrow if any one is interested in getting paint masks for there models, they should be cheaper than mine because the artwork has already been done now.

it cost me a little bit more than get stencils because I had to pay for the extra art work since making stencils for models isn't there main business, now they have German WWII graphics and I will probably have them do more in the future.

one thing I really liked was I got to go into there shop and make sure the stencils were just what I needed and I also had a choice in what backing I got to use, normally the stencils I had used before came with a opaque backing so lining up the graphics was a bit of a chore and required some repositioning to get them just right.
with these stencils I had the choice of getting a clear material for the application, with the clear backing lining up the masks is allot easier, its not like there all that intricate mostly strait lines but doing them in tape would have taken me some serious hours to get done all the white and black lines was mind bending.

I didn't get any painting done that comes tomorrow but I did apply my base mask on the wing so that I can shoot the white portions I will add the swastika and other graphics to the fuse after I shoot the wing white portions.

here is what I got for my masks,I also removed the ailerons to get them out of the way and so the push rod didnt prevent me from laying down the mask smoothly,I will probably paint them black since there right in the middle of the crosses .

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FW190 A8 010.JPG
Views:	436
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	1980956   Click image for larger version

Name:	FW190 A8 011.JPG
Views:	381
Size:	2.15 MB
ID:	1980957   Click image for larger version

Name:	FW190 A8 012.JPG
Views:	363
Size:	1.97 MB