RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone vs FMS vs Dynam warbirds ??
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 09:47 PM
TTMT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone vs FMS vs Dynam warbirds ??

Most of my planes are PZ models. I have the T-28, P-47 and FW-190, and they all fly beautifully. I've had very little trouble with PZ, and Horizon has been great about resolving any issues.

I'm looking to buy probably my last warbird for awhile. I'm interested in either a Hellcat or an ME-109, but PZ doesn't offer either. The best looking Hellcat and 109 I've seen are from Dynam (1400 mm wings). I've read a number of reviews that complain about low quality retracts on the Hellcats, and people swapping them out for E-Flite units. I've also heard about problems with the electronics in another Dynam model with similar equipment to these.

FMS makes a Hellcat and a 109 of similar size to the Dynam models. I've read complaints about retracts on their Hellcat, too, and it don't think either model looks as good as the Dynams, but are they of better quality? The FMS models are a lot more expensive than the Dynams.

Given these QC concerns, I'm leaning toward going with the PZ Corsair and adding retracts. It's not a Hellcat, but it's a fine warbird, and maybe it would be money better spent.

I'd appreciate input from anyone's experiences with these brands and how well they compare in quality and customer support.

Thank you.