RCU Forums - View Single Post - Quad altitude record
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 03:45 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Hi Eddie , Sorry for getting all "spaces between letters" , It's a knee jerk reaction to folks putting forth the notion that the AMA is the only regulatory body in charge of model aircraft operations , and if you wern't doing that than my apologys to you . I too am well versed in ACs and FARs being an A/P mechanic (retired) myself . I always took the wording "encouraging voluntary compliance" as having the implied meaning that if you don't comply , well then if it means enough to em , then they'll force you to "volunteer" to comply . Between you and I , I have been hoping that the new laws coming out actually DO default to the AMA's much more lenient position rather than the FAA's strict wording of 400' (longtime AMA member too , and respect all the AMA has done for our hobby) . I just know that if push came to shove in a high altitude bad accident scenario between a model and a full scale , the FAA would use 91-57 in a heartbeat to charge blame to the guy holding the transmitter , do you agree ?