Thread: BLADE Nano CP X
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 07:13 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thread decorations

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda

It seems they all have the issue of not binding on the first try(rapid flashing led instead of solidly lit). Most of the time it will bind OK but sometimes I have to try a few times and I am far enough away from the transmitter so that is not the problem. It's not a big deal for me so I don't worry about it.
The AS3X is expecting the heli to move in the direction you put the sticks in. Holding it level is more than likely confusing the 3 axis gyro thus the random irregular servo movements.What you want is almost impossible to view unless you attach a small micro camera to watch the servos while in flight.Only then will you see exactly what is supposed to be happening.
As far as flying, if you are using the DX4 that came with the RTF package.....good luck! Again, I'm not the greatest pilot but I could not fly this with the pre-programmed DX4. It was all over the place ....like throwing a cat up in the air. I bound it to a DX7 transmitter and programmed a similar throttle and pitch curve that I use for my 450 and 500 helis and it was like night and day . I really don't know how they expect a new /less experienced heli pilot to fly it with that DX4!
Hi flynwalenda and Rob2160,

I thought this thread would need some picture decorations so I took some pictures of my corrected setup of the main rotor.

As i came to the thread I see that Rob2160 beat me to it with actual videos. Thanks Rob.

The only adjustment I had to make is turn the link of the rear servo three turns to lenghten it. Four turns appeared as being too much so I brought it back to three turns.

My pics are not the best but they are pics .

A couple of pics were with the main rotor turning and the black turned out beige in color. I have no explanation for that. I was using the camera flash in all pictures.

I was trying to show the zero pitch on both blades when the Tx is half way up.

I always keep the TX at least 8 feet away when I switch it ON. Then it takes me a while to install the heli battery and manage to connect it. I have a terrible difficlty to line up these small connectors and I do the connection while the heli is level sitting on the desk. I would say that only once out of 4 o 5 times does it bind right away. When I disconnect it is kind of locked in and alsways comes out in a sudden quick motion. I am afraid fo damaging the plug in to the PCB ( 3 in 1 .

Now something VERY interesting happened this evening. I have the throttle half way up just about zero pitch and I am all triggered for a quick reaction as I give it smoothly some more throttle. Would you believe it lifted with the skid (landing gear) about 1/2 inch off the surace and did not move for 3 or 4 seconds. It just hovered right there. As a quick thought came in my mind that the new setup was really effective and with my hands off the sticks it took of sideways at high speed and hit the window curtains before I could do anything.

I am beginning to wonder if there is an intermittance somewhere and my friend got p****d off and got rid of it by being so generous to me. Over here it is a $200.00 value; I priced it at the local LHS.

I will play some more. I am a stubborn individual.

Have a nice trip Rob2160 and thanks both to be so patient with me.

Zor

P.S.: by editing.
It is quite a chore to post pictures in here.
End
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	R 100_6908.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	1983103   Click image for larger version

Name:	R 100_6907.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	1983104   Click image for larger version

Name:	R 100_6909.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	1983105   Click image for larger version

Name:	R 100_6912.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	1983106   Click image for larger version

Name:	R 100_6914.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	1983107   Click image for larger version

Name:	R 100_6915.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	1983108   Click image for larger version

Name:	R 100_6917.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	1983109  

Last edited by Zor; 03-31-2014 at 07:16 PM.