Thread: BLADE Nano CP X
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Today's dedication

Originally Posted by Rob2160

Looking at the pics I can't see anything that stands out as being wrong.

Check that the swash plate bearing is in place correctly, these sometimes can come apart but it is not obvious until you try to fly. Press the top of the swash into the bottom part. If you hear a "click" then it was out of place.

I agree with flyinwalenda that using the DX4 to fly this will make life more difficult.
Hello friends,

FYI . . . I am using my Spektrum DX7 for control. It is not the "s" version, it is the plain DX7.

I have experimented up to now with different travel limits like 75% and 50% and in each case also varied the expo trying 20%, 40% and up to 75% in both travel settings of 75% and 50%.

Today I have examined the PCBoard ( 3 in 1 ) with good illumination and a 10 times ( 10X ) magnifier and did not detect any signs of cracks. I looked at every single soldered joints including all individual solder around the chips. All solders are nice and shiny and no signs of cold joints. This 3 in 1 seems to be very well made. It is beyond my understanding that each components of this small heli can be manufactured, assembled, shipped to America, and sell for $99.00 USD south of the border ( $200.00 CDN here ).

I am dedicating today to learn more, whatever I can find, about the gyros ( AS3X ).
My present knowledge is that there exist two types.

Note to readers _ _ _
Do not take the following as facts. I am explaining my present understanding and it may be in error.

One type detects orientation or changes in orientation.
The other type detects the rate at which oientation is occurring.
The result is some electrical potential ( EMF, Electro Motive Force ) that appear at the sensitive items and used by the processing electronics to vary the output of the command signals controlling the servos.

I have put my heli on a slippery surface ( a large mirror ) adjusted the thottle setting to have enough lift to reduce its weight and fooled around controlling its heading with the transmitter control. That being done without lifting off the surface. It was also interesting to watch the tail prop action while manually changing its heading ( fingers on the supporting skid of the heli carefully going under the rotating main blades ).

Yes readers . . . some of you may call me crazy but you cannot change Zor.

I even made some calculations as to how much accelerating force is requiired to give a 29 grams mass what lateral speed motion in a given time like the fastest reaction time of the typical human ( 1/4 to 1/2 sevond ). I will not go into these calculations here in the forum.

So I am now going to see what I can find about AS3X behavior.

Have a great day all ....

Zor

Last edited by Zor; 04-01-2014 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Corrected some typos upon rereading.