View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 08:41 AM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Your suggestions well taken and used

Blue text by Zor

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda

All you will find is white paper on the AS3X system . You won't find any hard technical paper on it...Horizon would be foolish to leak that.

Yes I realize that for Horizon. I was expecting that perhaps some independent expert would have written something. Perhaps someone did but if anyone did I did not find anything yet.

Here is a video of a hover by a newb pilot. I can keep mine in a rather stable hover until a breeze comes along.

I wonder about many sudden change in the heli position in that video. We quite often see the heli moving to a new position instantly and that new position is often more than a foot away. I am judging that distance in proportion to the size of the heli.

You are not going to fly a heli without making slight stick corrections even with a 3 axis gyro. The gyro is an assist ,it's not an autopilot !
Sounds to me like you need to program a more tame throttle and pitch curve in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-zRhMmc5lY
I understand the pitch curve along with the throttle curve would affect the altitude control ( note ... aLt not aTt ). I have not been concerned much with altitude up to now as I am concentrating on the hoizontal motion upon lift off the surface. I have found that setting all three axis at 50% travel and expo also at 50% I get too much action ( too fast response for me ). The moment I gently move the cyclick TX stick the result is too much. I changed all that to 75% travel expecting enough travel for quick correction and expo so that the first reaction is not so violent.

The servos are responding quite nicely. I still hope to find more about the action of the gyros.
I have to find a way of isolating their contribution. I think all three would act the same way so I think it is possible to observe the heading one acting by itself without TX command.

I have seen it in action but I could not , of course, observe any output since it is not acting on a servo.
I did however observe that the further off heading the higher speed of the tail prop. I did see some action of the pitch and roll gyros but I need more study on that.

Hey _ _ _ up to now I have some enjoyment a different way than I believe most people.
Some day I may even learn to fly it; future will tell.

I have to find a 6 volt DC supply to plug into the charger. It is consumng 4 AA cells at a fast rate.

Cheers,

Zor

Last edited by Zor; 04-02-2014 at 08:45 AM.