RCU Forums - View Single Post - Project Voodoo Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 05:58 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

It either takes a lot of room for individual clevises, or you can put the individual torque rods from each ruddervator onto a single specially made clevis. This idea still requires room to operate
The aft end of the fuselage needs to terminate well aft of the linkage, so that the fuselage has enough width where the linkage is at.
The single clevis method puts the linkage into a bind just a few degrees either direction from zero trim so it's kind of hokey..I did use this on a 1/2A plane, but my first attempt put so much stress on a nylon clevis that the clevis broke while I was finalizing the servo hookup and was getting ready to close off the aft end of the fuselage. If it wasn't for a friend INSISTING that millions of electric power racers do it with a single clevis on their small racers, I would have thrown in the towel.
Funny how when you ask pylon racers about the advantage of V Tail vs conventional, most I ever talked to say that there is no noticeable difference....but most of them run V-Tails now.