RCU Forums - View Single Post - Scale military build (I hope)
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 12:13 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well did a little work today in getting the 2nd, and 3rd axles hooked up to each other
I was going to go for a 4 point link setup, but issues with how the axle is setup(and how HPI sells parts) kinda squashed that. Instead I decided to make one of those Y pieces, and hook the rear axle to the 2nd, but again there was a bar in the way so I got a little creative, and just hooked the rear axle to the bar that locks the middle axles wheels as there were holes in it already.

Seems I either misjudged the Y-piece I made, or didn't drill the holes perfect so I had to bend the 2 linkages, but hey I think its pretty damn good as I didn't take one single measurement, and did it just by eyeballing it
I know in the pic the wheels don't look aligned all that perfect, but that seems to be just the camera angle as they track in a straight line is I push it. Also I'm going to make a new driveshaft from one of the wheely king ones I'm replacing as its a tad short, and the most extreme angle the rear axle can take it will just barely let the axle pop out. I know it won't hit that angle with the shocks I'm going to use, but I'd prefer it to hold up just in case I decide to ever do something different to it in the future.

Next which is probably Tuesday I will be hooking the front axle to the chassis, and hopefully the rear, and possible do the extension. I already had the front on the chassis, but ran into an issue as I didn't have the axle far enough to the front to fit the body. Now if I was running a axial body it would have been fine, but for the Tamiya body the wheel wells would have been too far back
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2-3axle.jpg
Views:	1522
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	1986318