RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hangar 9 P-51 60cc
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 10:53 AM
DLEVETT
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spychalla Aircraft
I bought the Hangar 9 Corsair last fall and sent Darrel the fiberglass center section. He is making gear for it. I also bought the Corsair tailwheel from Hangar 9 and sent it to him as well and he will be adapting one of his. So in time we should see options from Sierra Giant Scale.

I looked at this Mustang at Toledo and placed my order. The scale lines are better than any Mustang ARF of it's size. Yes it's another Mustang but they sell in high volumes and modellers love them. It's business. Case-in-point. I make fiberglass cowlings for both the Brewster Buffalo and the TF P-51 Mustang. In 10 years I have sold 4 Buffalo cowlings and over 101 TF Mustang cowlings. Companies like Horizon have to stay in business to be able to offer anything at all. For me I will kit bash this into something different to make it special. For starters I am going to see if the "B" model Razorback conversion kit I made for the TF can be adapted to fit. It is worth a try. Leo

Hey Leo,

I bought a couple of B model razorback conversions and cowls from you a couple of years ago and would be very interested to see if it will work out.
The quality of your fiberglass parts is excellent to say the least.
I too placed my pre order at the LHS since it looks like a good starting point.

Hi Bill,
Thanks for the clarification on the hinging method, I am very happy to hear that the surfaces can be removed and now
looking forward to its arrival.

Dave

Last edited by DLEVETT; 04-13-2014 at 10:59 AM.