Thread: DLE 20 issues
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 08:44 AM
badazzgti03
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DLE 20 issues

Well ok!!
To start out first I purchased a used DLE 20 from a member on here sometime ago with a bowmen ring install by the seller. He guarantees the motor runs great!
I installed it in my Pitts model 12. There is plenty of room under the cowl and intake are and i even made extra air extractors in the cowl as well. so its getting plenty of air in and out.
Took the plane to the field starts up fine tuned it and everything seemed fine for the first flight. After about 1-2 mins of flight time the motor starts bogging down and loses power. so i brought the plane in. tested it on the ground and it seems fine. This time i flew it with out the cowl....Same thing happens. After about and hour or so of ground tuning and having some experienced DLE20 members at the field we came to a determination that the plumbing was bad. So I replaced fuel tank and plumbing inside fuel take and all fuel lines. Took it too the field yesterday same thing and this time i didnt make the run way and didnt hit the ground too hard but being kinda windy collapsed one of my gear ripping it outta the fuse...now i got body work to do....But anyways to come to a conclusion i think it has something to do with the motor. Or it could be fuel mixture but i have used the same mixture in a DLE 55 and it ran perfect.
It seems like its getting plenty of cooling and air extraction but is the motor overheating? It has to be getting plenty of fuel to it as well...
Has anyone had this issue with the DLE 20 or did i purchase an F'ed up motor from someone?
Please help me out on this issue someone