RCU Forums - View Single Post - EasyTiger's giant scale corsair
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 05:22 AM
Primi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of the next modifications were the inner flaps. I didn't use the spring for connecting the two flaps and choose the more scale way with the plate in a slot. I slotted the bigger flap and glued the plate into the smaller one. To glue the plat into the flap I drilled two holes on the inside and inserted the plate and pressed some epoxy glue with a syringe through the hole. This gave a very solid bond and was strong enough for it's purpose. After touching up the parts all looked good again.

Next I painted the middle section as it was original blue to the light grey and installed the flaps to the wing. Unfortunately the fibre glass inner flaps are longer by 5mm than the outer flaps! So the trailing edge is not in line, except I cut the flaps short. There was no way to get them matched without having somewhere a gap.

Attaching the outer wing panels were the next task did one first by cleaning the fibre glass middle from the paint and then applying enough glue to the wing and the spar connection and location pins.
Doing the second panel was a bit of a task doing it by my own due to its size!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Corsair53.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	1987218   Click image for larger version

Name:	Corsair55.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	1987219   Click image for larger version

Name:	Corsair60.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	1.83 MB