View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 10:43 AM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Comments and experimentations

Hello again everyone,

Comments

The latest viewers reported to day Tuesday 15 April 2014 at 12:25 EDT ( Eastern Daylight Time )
is 3,060 . I figure that any reader ( viewer ) can make its own conclusion on the validity of this 3,060.

We had an inch or so of snow overnight and the maximum temperature today is minus 2 C ( 28.4 F ).
Predicted overnight is minus 7 C ( 19.4 F ) and max tomorrow is predicted 4 C ( 39.2 F ) and wind gusting to 50 Kmh ( just over 30 mph ) . . . . Not very favorable to experiment outdoor with a small helicopter.

Experimentations

So I did some very interesting experimentations inside the house.

I observed the behavior of the heading gyro and the action on the angles of the tail propeller.
Changing the heading manually it is interesting to see the heli coming back to its original heading or nearly so. Then giving a command to a new heading it stays there and again a manual change of heading without a yaw command from the Tx the heli returns to the new heading. For a "newbee" and being me I find this interesting to observe something that everyone else obviously already know.

I also observed the setting of the main blades versus the Tx throttle stick position. Zero angle is a bit lower than the midstick markings on the TX by about 1/16 inch. No one would notice that while flying. I also understand (at this time) that the servos commands and their rates can be adjusted in the AR7200BX receiver. Something to be studied in the coming future.

I also observed the action of the gyros; in this heli the servos return to center after a command. With the Nano CP X they stayed at their new position. The action of the gyros also return the servos to center.
That makes more sense to me than the action in the Nano CP X.

I experimented with holding the heli above my head in case of a possible blade flying out ( L O L ) and I could feel the results of different commands and their strength trying to vary the attitude of the heli. I could even see the action of the gyros by observing the swash plate angles. This heli is just lage enough to make this kind of observation possible and easy to see.

I feel that these experimentations and observations put in my mind a good understanding of how everything functions. Some how I do not feel any pains in my head . . . Hee! Hee!

General

Somehow I feel that the servos are responding too slowly and their return to center are even slower.
That is something else to study although I realize that with such small mass involved it takes very small changes of main blade angles or tail blade anles to quickly make a change in attitude and in acceleration to a new flight trajectory.

I remain fascinated ( addicted ? ? ? )

I am not expecting any response but it is always nice to hear from others.

Wishing all a nice day.

Zor
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	R 100_6948.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	1987265   Click image for larger version

Name:	R 100_6950.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	1987266  

Last edited by Zor; 04-15-2014 at 10:49 AM.