RCU Forums - View Single Post - EasyTiger's giant scale corsair
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 06:01 AM
dmyers0403
My Feedback: (48)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would like to see manual, so thanks for posting, does not sound like it has much real info.
I agree with Chad that 5# is not a big deal on this size Corsair and the GT80 is probably wishful thinking and will most likely make a different choice. We had a Cactus aviation 96" Bearcat with a 120cc at 55# and it surprised us how well & light it flew, I believe the big Corsair wing will handle the weight just fine if unless it comes out crazy heavy.
Sounds like you made the wing one piece. Did you consider or investigate a three piece? Looks like the glue strength is needed at joiner and three piece may not be practical.

Sad about your retracts, hope it gets resolved. I built a 92" Zero for friend and we had retracts modified by Down & Lock which turned out much more expensive than planned and had to return for modifications a second time but all is well now and they work great. Electrics can be more troublesome than air but look great and once they work it is nice not to worry about air pumps leaks etc and the lipo battery last forever.

Last edited by dmyers0403; 04-16-2014 at 06:08 AM.