RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thunder AC6 Smart LiPo Balance Charger
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 07:01 PM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rkeysdc
Hey everyone! I am new and just got a Thunder ac6 charger for my airsoft gun. This charger was recommended by a few different people in the airsoft world. I just unpacked it and charged my first Turnigy 3s 1200 mAh battery just fine. I then put on my second one (same everything) exactly the same way I did with the first battery. I hooked up the balance charging plug and then started to plug in the Dean's connector end and as soon as I touch the male/female plugs the balance board sparked and started smoking! I immediately unplugged the power and took everything in to a local hobby store. The battery is fine, the guy wouldn't check the actual charger but said the balance board is fried. I burned the "connection" from the balance board plug to the 3s plug on the board.
Is this normal? Should this be a warranty issue? Should I get a different charger? Can I get replacement balance boards if the charger is in fact a good charger but this was a freak incident?
Any help is appreciated.
Chances are that you managed to connect something backwards, and shorted things out via the balance board. Either that, or the second battery was not wired the same as the first.