RCU Forums - View Single Post - Balsa USA Brotherhood
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 06:42 PM
ratshooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3136 I have shot a bunch of rats. At my old house I had a pecan tree and a fig tree that were both rat magnets. I had a couple of chow dogs but not at the same time and I can tell you without reservation those are the rat huntin' est dogs I have ever seen. I kept a 22 rifle loaded with CB 22s and a flashlight ready to go. Both of those dogs barked "funny' when they had a rat treed. I would wake up from a dead sleep and say "Chopper's got a rat". And a rat hunting I would go. I told the guys at the gun store about my rat hunting escopades and they gave me the name "Tom the ratshooter". I liked it and use that same moniker on the gun forums I am on. And just so you know I killed way over 200 hundred rats before I stopped counting. I also killed over 200 hundred squirrels from the same two trees before I stopped keeping count.

I love to hunt and having a ready source of targets in my backyard was a huge thrill.

I have since moved and have absolutly nothing to kill here. Plus I have mellowed a little and am not so hot to kill anymore. Even rats are fun to watch. And they are animals with qualitys you don't know they have.

And thank you for the number. 69 is one of my favorite numbers. 357 is my lucky number.

Last edited by ratshooter; 05-22-2014 at 06:44 PM.