RCU Forums - View Single Post - Knowledge Quiz for Warbird wiz
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 08:25 PM
Ernie P.
My Feedback: (3)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RCKen
Ernie,
can you bail me out here?? I thought that I was really great quiz all ready for you guy this time, but as I looked at it all the questions started to look really familiar, and then I realized that I had already posted quiz before. So I'm stuck with nothing ready to go. If you all want to wait I an make a up a new quiz tonight and start posting it in the morning. I'm hoping you guys will wait till the morning and give a chance to get going with another plane, but if you want to pass this on the Ernie or somebody else I would totally understand that. I do apologize to the group for the problem

That brings up a question that comes to my mind as Forum Manager here at RCU. Is there anybody here keeping track of what's going on where in the forum?? This thread is a great group of guys and doesn't need any policing so that's not an issue and that's not what I'm saying here. but what I'm saying is just more keeping track of what questions have been asked in the contest and such. If there is somebody that want's to step and be the Moderator for this thread thread here so that they can help keep this contest running a bit better I would be more than happy to promote you to that position!!!

On thing that comes to mind if we promote somebody a position like that is that they could keep a collection of questions ready to so that situations like what I had come up they would be ready to step in and post something. Anyway, something to think about.

Anyway, let me know if Ernie or somebody else has something ready to go to bail it out.

Ken

Ken;

I always keep a list of spare questions that are 90% ready to go. So, I could step in and bail you out on this. However, I don't see anything at all wrong with giving you a few extra hours to post your question. The main thing is communication. If we all know you need a few extra hours, no problem. If you simply haven't posted anything, or communicated in any way, that's a totally different situation. Then we don't know if you need a few extra hours, or if you're slumped dead over your keyboard, or if you're simply not interested. Communication is always a good thing.

As to being a formal Moderator, I suppose I have been filling that role informally; and would have no reason to object to making the position formal. But why change something that seems to be working? I provide a nudge here and there; a little direction occasionally; I doubt much more is needed. A great bunch of guys; very polite; no whiners; no pouters; no problem. So, whatever you guys want to do is okay with me. Thanks; Ernie P.