RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Nobler
Thread: The Nobler
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 02:43 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by combatpigg
This isn't a build thread, I just wanted to share some recent photos I saw of this classic design.
I think it would make a great subject for a 1/2 A project.
C/P, speakin’ of George’s stuff & 1/2A…Just last weekend I bumped into the bones of one of my last (unfinished) Cox projects. Dunno if you remember the BareCat? http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-2-...1-barecat.html

Some years ago I got the structure built for a full-size Flite Streak constructed with the BareCat method to be powered by one of my TeeDees & flown (hopefully) on 42 ft. Spiderwire lines. Obviously it’d have to be flown in dead calm conditions & would have to have serious thrustline & line sweep tuning but I think it would fly very well. Oh yeah, I thinned the airfoil too. It has the same carbon strip reinforced 6mm Depron profile fuse with 1/64 ply sandwich beam mounts, Depron ribs, Solite covering, yada, yada and the fixed flaps were made from stripped Walmart sturdyboard foam. Without a radio & batteries, the thing would’ve weighed maybe 5 or 6 oz. if that much. If memory serves, the BareCat was 9.5 with 5 servos, receiver, battery, etc.

Unfortunately, I tried to shrink the covering in the wife’s oven and ruined the wing. I was so disgusted with myself I haven’t touched it since. One of these days….