RCU Forums - View Single Post - Balsa USA Brotherhood
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 06:24 PM
ashby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eindecker 90

So I am finally back home and am able to post some photos of my project.
This model was purchased from Ebay partially built and I must say built quite well. The previous owner has gone for the stick fuse and more scale like tail feathers being fully operational but it was obvious he had come to a halt with some of the mechanics regarding how to work the tail feathers. Fortunately after some research and a lot of slow thinking, I think I have come up with some solutions that may work, time will tell.
Engine will be a DLE RA 20 cc which I will fit a Frank Bowman ring and give the reed valve area a bit of a clean up before running in.
Hitec servos with a pull pull arrangement for rudder and elevator. Normal linkage arrangement for ailerons.
I found a light weight aluminium pot on Ebay from china of course. That looks about right for the cowl, a lot more scale and a lot more room for the engine. Engine will have to be recessed about 40mm back, so a bit of balsa bashing there.
Planning on adding a bit more scale and practising the art of scale modelling with this one so will have to see how far I go. It will always be a BUSA model so no matter how much I do it will alwas be stand off but this should be fun
I promise some updates as the build progresses in its glacier way

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00005 (640x480).jpg
Views:	753
Size:	197.8 KB
ID:	1999461   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00006 (640x480).jpg
Views:	716
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	1999462