RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA fine against drone photographer dismissed.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:40 AM
JohnShe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
I have never ever said that commercial operation of drones should be left alone because of commercial operations or that they should operate on the same rules as the hobbiest. As always my beat has been that the Federal government has no authority for operations outside of navigable airspace. In fact in many posts I have said that there should be some rules and restrictions. But the Federal government has no authority and is a poor choice for something that is flown over a very small area and only seen locally. State and local governemts are much better equiped to handle this. As we see now the Federal Government only issues warnings or fines to those who happen to post the video on the Web or TV. So they will never catch other unsafe operations. Except of course the ones John rat on.
The navigable airspace oxymoron is clouding your argument. All airspace is either navigable or non-navigable depending on flight restrictions. Therefore, there will exist navigable airspace for drones,once the restrictions are established. The FAR will reflect that fact eventually.

BTW: I am not the only rat out there.

Speaking of, you might like this little piece from the Smithsonian Mag.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/scienc...951433/?no-ist