RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why the AMA is not growing...........
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 11:01 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

At our feild we have the boy scouts come out 2 times a year, we let them play on the sim, and we put up 4-5 club/ or privit trainers and buddy box them for 5 min at a time and they love it.

But me being the jet guy I bring in my .40 Hanger 9 P51 and the kids love to get in my line as they can do loop and stuff vs the boaring top wing trainers. And I under stand them, I never could and would never fly a cub or a top wing trainer, I dont have the atteion span to fly so slow and not being able to do anything is just no fun.

I know I almost stop flying as into my first year, I had a few crashs and was grouped in with 2 other new guys, and we were called the crash brothers. There were a few older guys who would say ohh oh here comes one of the crash brothers now, get your camras ready....

Then if I was to crash, they would clap and hollar, I was very close to quiting flying, as this behavor made you feel alinanated, and it hurt loseing the money in a crash.

But I like to help the new guys, I even let them buddy box with my Top Flite Gaint P51 as it so easy, and to show them not to be scared.

I guess what Im trying to say, is, every weekend when I fly my turbines there are new peaple who come up to look and see, and I try to be very freindly and helpfull, as I think some peaples attutieds run new members off.