RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite GS P-47 sports scale; diary of a build
Old 05-31-2014, 01:17 PM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, so I mounted the engine to the test stand and tested the two ignitions for spark, I could not get it to run the other day. The one thing I did not check was the pick up, so I put the new one on and wha-la spark on both ignition modules, that's good news. So this must have been the root of all the issues. My arm is still a mess from last week so we pulled the club starter out, it is a big heavy duty on a marine 12v battery. It started right up, we tuned it and it ran great. With the Bowman ring it was idling like a watch, 1500rpm, and peaking at 6300rpm on the factory settings, 1.5 turns out. The low end was a bit rich so we leaned it and it ran even better.

I started it about 4 times with the starter and I could kill the engine and start it with one flip, did that about 4x. So I think my issues are past with the New pick up, the Bowman ring and the new carb. I will use the club starter for now, my arm is shot.

This is is a big relief and sends new energy to the build.

TB

Last edited by TonyBuilder; 05-31-2014 at 01:22 PM.