RCU Forums - View Single Post - HPI Savage XL Powered by Gasoline Engine Release Date?
Old 06-01-2014, 05:22 AM
z4lunch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 376LSX
Where are you located Steve and who exactly have you spoken with? I've only been able to talk to Hobbico and they were no help really.
Im in Wisconsin. I talked to a guy at Hobbico as well. I told him how it was running, he put me on hold for a minute, when he came back he told me to send them my ignition.
This is a copy of the letter I send along with my ignition.
Steve

per phone conversation I have enclosed my ignition module from my Octane. The engine will not rev and get on the pipe, I have adjusted the carb per the leaflet, and beyond. After break in I was able to get it to shift a few times into second but never 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] gear. It progressively got worse. The truck has maybe 4 tanks it does run just not well enough to get the truck to shift The truck would die once and a while But would always restart. The top of the piston looks new and wet with no burn pattern on like its been idle around for a week. The truck cold would usually start after one choked pull and then no choke. Warm it would take a half dozen.