RCU Forums - View Single Post - Heli-Max MD-530 - can't get off the ground now
Old 06-01-2014, 08:54 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any ideas? Yes some . . . . .

Originally Posted by kappbr
This is my first non-coaxial RC helicopter. So far I can't control it. Based on another post, an evaluation of this model, maybe that's not 100% my lack of present skill.

Anyway, I seem to have, uh, reconfigured something with crashes. Now it won't even lift off the ground. I have tried two different fully charged batteries. But it just stopped being able to get off the ground. Not enough power, or something else is wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Brian
Hello Brian,

It is quite evident that to lift off the ground the lift has to be higher than the weight.
The lift is obtained by two things . . .
1 - The revolutions of the main blades,
2 - A suitable angle of attack of the main blades.

Most of the time, the angle of attck of the main blades is zero when the transmitter stick is half way from minimum to maximum. You can check that and also if the revolutions seems about normal as before any crash.

I have noticed by experience that some of the plastics used can be deformed (and sometime reformed to normal shape). So it is possible that this could have happened due to crashing. Do your best to examine carefully all parts that affect the pitch of the main blades (their angle of attack) You can expect about 12 degrees of negative AOA and the same, about 12 degrees, of positive AOA.

Hope this is helpful and let us know what you find.
Visual observations can be sufficient without any need for measurements.

Zor

Last edited by Zor; 06-01-2014 at 08:57 PM.