RCU Forums - View Single Post - ON BOARD FIRE..!! Cost me a new ESM Spitfire,,what happened?
Old 06-03-2014, 08:01 AM
AZThud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Ron, when I read this I was sickened by what happened to your Spit, As you know I have had many years experience with Lipo's and I have never seen or experienced what you did, small consolation I know. Couple of things, when you balanced the Lipo prior to the flight, is it possible it somehow got overcharged? Another thing, as you know Paul and I both have E-flight retracts in our Spits, I had an unusual problem with the E-Flite control box, it provides a similar function to the Robart, mine shorted out and started to smoke, it was on the workbench, and quickly unplugged. no damage done outside of the E-Flite controller. If it was the lipo that went up how did it take out the receiver? Robarts and E-flite both provide separate power inputs from the receiver, so my guess is all were in close proximity. Again I am very sorry to hear about this and wish it had not happened.

As an aside a call to Horizon had a new controller at the house in a week. Paul loaned me his for the maiden of my Spit!

Cheers