RCU Forums - View Single Post - something new for me :)
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 02:00 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pcarluvr
<---- Jealous! I really wanted the nitro version of this truck before I got my Savage. I like the handling ( or lack of) and the way they land jumps with the solid axles. I would imagine it will be a lot lighter due to there being no shock tower bolted to diff case, upper and lower arms and hinge pins. Over at rcmt.net , there are a ton of people that know all the upgrades and mods. Keep us updated on how it goes for you!
I too am thinking it should be lighter. something between a scx10 and a emaxx.
that is why I was thinking I could power it with a geared down 1/10 scale brushless system.
However, while looking into the pinion gear I see that the newer brushless version with a 2000ish kv 1/8 scale motor uses a 16t pinion gear. So, I kinda doubt that I can gear down enough for a 3500kv 1/10 motor. I cant imagine that a much smaller pinion gear would still mesh with the spur gear.
So, when it arrives I will not likely have a power system for a bit.
I may try the DTX 3930kv motor I have just to see. but my bet is that even on 2s it will heat up pretty quick. Oh, second problem of trying to run a 1/10 scale system...I don't currently have a 3s pack

But hopefully work will pickup and Ill have some spare cash before too long. But a pinion gear, 3s lipo, 1/8 bl system alone are going to cost more than I paid for the roller. And that doesn't even count the money I will need to do upgrades!