RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2.4 GHz Receiver Question (how many?)
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 03:47 PM
mndless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4 GHz Receiver Question (how many?)

Step away from this hobby for a bit (well... 8 or 10 years or so), and it feels like I'm starting over, technology wise...

The new 2.4GHz technology is very impressive and a bit overwhelming.... really enjoying the process of getting up to speed.

My question is pretty simple. I have been searching and I am not finding the "opinion" I'm looking for... one of those questions that will vary with the user... but, it is important to me to get those varied inputs.

In short, how many receivers and how many remotes for varying aircraft types??

In my little .60 size fun plane, this is not a difficult question. In my 120cc gas Edge, this will be easy as well. The question is more on what is a reasonable 'rule of thumb' for the many sizes of aircraft in between ?

Again, I'm just starting back and don't want to err on the too few side, nor do I want to put in more than is necessary (they aren't cheap)...

Example for me: Starting back with a .60 size edge just to get back in the air... one receiver and one remote... well, that is the receiver package that came with the 2.4 module for my old JR 10x (love that radio).

Next, I'll step up to an old BME 50cc Edge I've got laying around and I've got another 30cc 3D plane I may play with....

So... I know there isn't a right or (very) wrong answer. I know some will say, as much as your budget will allow... I understand that. I am looking for your opinions.... For you, how do you make these decisions? What is the dollar cost risk for you...

Thanks for the input and sorry for the simple question...