RCU Forums - View Single Post - Taft Viper jet
Thread: Taft Viper jet
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 08:16 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Ok, I'll bite. If you're just trolling congratulations- you got me.

If you don't know how to plug the wires into the receiver, then you are not ready to fly any jet. Not even if you've been flying them on the simulator, not even if you're particularly talented with mechanical things, not even if you have a buddy who plans to help you. Jets are too fast, too unforgiving, don't have any self righting characteristics, and require well developed landing skills for a new pilot to fly successfully. If you take off with this plane, you will return home with a trash bag full of foam bits and lots of small electronic parts.

Get yourself a trainer, preferably a trainer and an instructor to teach you how to fly it, then work through the progression from trainer to sport plane to fast prop plane to jet. You'll have a lot more fun and will actually build the flying skills and reflexes you need to fly the plane you have.

And, of course, if it turns out that you're a highly experienced pilot who's flown everything under the sun, competed in IMAC and pylon racing, and has served as a club officer for the last 5 years but somehow has just not managed to learn how to plug in the receiver and do a 6 channel radio setup, feel free to make whichever snide comment you feel is appropriate. I won't be offended in the least.