RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/6 hummer, ideas, thoughts, suggestions?
Old 06-10-2014, 10:16 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by phmaximus
I'm not entirely convinced that style of suspension will work very well... There is nothing to adsorbed bumps and drops.
it would be placing a lot of stress on the suspension... What ever u do don't try to jump it lol.

with that style of suspension wouldent it lift the body (cog) with each bump??

reminds me of when I was a teenager... We would lower our cars until they were on the bumpstops, sure it looked cool but handled like it had no suspension at all.
drops would be absorbed...springs below pistons would absorb some load when the tire drops. Bumps would not be absorbed...but to tell the truth they are not really absorbed now either....the springs above the piston are small and thus fully compressed....so there really is not any up travel.

If you tried the type of setup I am going to on any truck that drove faster than 10mph, it would be crazy, handle poorly and be very rough on the shocks/shock mounts. You don't want to run a setup with little or no up travel on any rc/machine that can go reasonably fast. But the mad torque is a pretty slow beast...maybe 5-6mph WOT. At those speeds, bumps can be absorbed enough just by the soft tires.