RCU Forums - View Single Post - P-39 Airacobra Brotherhood
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 01:13 AM
Kurppi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

Please add me to the list.

I have been building a Top Flite GE kit for ... so many years With very limited time and lots of ambitious modifications it takes a lot of time, however it is an joyful voyage...

I have modified the rudder hinge line, bottom half of aft fuselage (made it more rounded) wing fillets, ailerons, and most important nose section. I had molded the complete nose section and produced fiberglass parts for cowl and front landing gear compartment and doors for LG.
I also molded the rudder and elevator (with scale hinge lines). Also 12 stack exhaust stubs are molded and made from resin. I will use a RCV 90 SP and the bird will be finished as COBRA II racer... I actually have a build thread in RCSB if anyone is interested.

WARBIRDRCER, I see that you made a plug and Vac-form new canopies, are you planning to sell canopies? if so I am interested to get one as my canopy was ruined at the time I get my kit, and TF does not have any replacements... I had started to make a fiberglass mold for the frame and was planning to make the canopy with clear sheets glued to this fiberglass frame, but if it is available one piece vac-formed canopy would be much better...

Here are a few photos of my bird at current state...

Overall primed view:

Nose section:

Front Landing Gear Doors:

Rudder Mold:

Exhausts:

I do not have the elevator mold photo yet, I'll add it later.

Regards,
Evren

Last edited by Kurppi; 06-12-2014 at 01:21 AM.