RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 04:27 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SeaHawk-RCU
Here are some pics of the "Sea Falcon" on first assembly.
Everything went together well and all is on track for certification inspection and flight on Tuesday at Tingalpa Model Aero Club.
My old Falcon has been repainted by new owner Richard and hopefully should fly the same day.

The blue is darker than it looks in these flash affected pics.
Canopy from Ken at KMRC Jets, Cockpit tub from Ed edwarda 10pilot finished brilliantly by my son Michael.
Retracts and struts are hobbyking. Turbine is gas start Kingtech K80.
Electric power is two x 3 cell 1800mah LiFe batteries through a regulator (RCCSKJ black). A 2 cell 3000mah LiFe runs the turbine.and accessories.
Servos are Corona metal geared digital except for ailerons which are slimline Turnigy.
Blue paint is, ironically, Ford Falcon blue. Heh heh. Wings are fully sheeted and covered in film.
Two sets of nav lights are installed with a controller in each wing. All I need to run to the wings for the lights is 5v.

I will take some more pics on Tuesday.

Col
Hey Col,

I kept an eye out for you at Maryborough Jet's but didn't see your falcon 120??

It was a cracking weekend! the weather was perfect. I finished the repairs but not the final colour scheme for mine, But seeing as I didn't run into you I'll show you how far I got you'll see why I was careful, Mine is going into the other sides colours The scheme, even it was blue and grey was pretty visible. I've got to go to Melbourne tomorrow and then in Sydney all of the following week, but now as the rush is over, I'll finish the wings, and then do the fuse and booms in the final colours.

I did have my top and bottom strobes working and I've had a landing light on the nose gear for the last few years. How many watt's are you lights? mine a 1w LED's and the falcon was just too quick to see the strobes for most of the day.

Managed about 5 flights with her over the weekend, so it was all good!

Thanks

dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1 (5).JPG
Views:	158
Size:	567.4 KB
ID:	2007551   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2 (4).JPG
Views:	192
Size:	496.5 KB
ID:	2007552   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3 (3).JPG
Views:	173
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	2007553   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4 (3).JPG
Views:	161
Size:	765.7 KB
ID:	2007554   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 5 (2).JPG
Views:	167
Size:	442.6 KB
ID:	2007555  

Last edited by ticketec; 06-22-2014 at 04:31 AM.