RCU Forums - View Single Post - Brakes, Brakes and Brakes
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 08:34 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi CafeenMan. This test airplane is a small turbine and of course to be able to fly it at the home field or any AMA field brakes are mandatory. However for some of my multi engine glow airplanes these inexpensive brakes are looking mighty attractive and that is the real goal for my use if they pan out

ARUP I distinctly remember the color like it was yesterday and it was Orange just like the model except for that black around the cockpit was washed out flat black. That airplane at the time belonged to my fathers best buddy and my childhood hero. At fourteen legal age for a glider solo (still is) this gentleman took it upon himself and his club mates to start training me. Dual was done in a Birdcage side by side Pratt Read and come time for the solo it was done in the Bowlus because it was considered so much easier to fly. I earned my keep by driving the flathead ford tow car all day long in the desert on weekends.

It got real exciting when the fellows would hang on just a little to long and the rear end of the old ford would start sliding all over the place as the wheels starting spinning and you did not dare to let off the throttle.

Later in the Army Overseas I got word from my pop that his friend was killed at El Mirage in one of the fellows old flat topped Laister Kaufmans that had an experimental extension of the fuselage. Well doing aerobatics over the field it failed and both were killed. The only time I ever knew Kirk to fly a glider without a parachute. I was devistated.

The little test ship is moving along fine, engine is now installed and currently working on packaging in the fuselage hopefully that will be simpler without the retracts or air systems.

Here is a coupe more photos. OK,OK the second on is a gag. Did i mention I love the Dubro Smoothies

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nano 11.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	2.51 MB
ID:	2009385   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nano 13.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	2.39 MB
ID:	2009386