RCU Forums - View Single Post - "Y" harness
Thread: "Y" harness
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 08:45 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Personally I would never go back to,using a Y on ailerons. For a sport airplane it probably won't matter but if you want the airplane to fly the best it can then using the dual aileron mixing in the TX is the way to go. There is just no way to get the ailerons 100% correct with a Y. You can spend hours trying to sort out the throws mechanically or spend 1/2 hour adjusting and measuring using the mixing and get it perfect. I do realize that 80% of you guys out there never measure the individual throws of your Ailerons but really you should. With everything set up correctly you would be eliminating any adverse yaw and pitch deviations with aileron input. You would be amazed how much easier the airplane is to fly when the aileron inputs are working together, especially in the wind.
Oh the joys of yester-year and mechanically "tuning" your model to fly at its best. Definitely a long and cumbersome job, but i actually enjoy that. But the newer radios make it so easy to get it right so much quicker.