RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone having inexplicable Apprentice 15S Crashes?
Old 06-30-2014, 01:44 PM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Anyone having inexplicable Apprentice 15S Crashes?

Our club has 9 Apprentice 15Ses (with SAFE). We use several of them for our school program and have several members who fly their own. We have had seven inexplicable crashes with experienced pilots on the sticks. What seems to happen is from Straight & Level flight, the plane noses down to 60 degrees and then there is no control. I have one that has crashed that way 4 times. On that plane, currently, both Aile are locked fully down and the Elevator reversed on it own during mid-flight. I have tried these with the RTF DX5es, Dx6is, DX8s and DX9s. Sooner or later, the three involved planes crash. Last night, a 4th plane went into down elevator as it was sitting on the ground energized waiting to takeoff. I reinitialized it and it corrected itself. Yes, we keep them stable during initialization. I have a couple dozen electric planes, so E-Planes are not new to me.

Oh, ... This last week I have been fighting an AR 635. It inexplicably develops twice as much down elevator and it also locks up the motor. When testing on the bench today, it actually locked up the motor and then tried to run the motor backwards after a lockup. I have a couple other AR 635s that work great. I replaced this offending one with an AR600 and the plane works correctly.

Today, I sent these Rxers into HH. But, I want to ID if anyone else is experiencing these types of problems with SAFE and Spektrum gyroed Rxers.