RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Thunder Tiger Loop Scavenged .15
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 06:02 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by aspeed
Ya, rudder only can't have too much power anyway. My TT .10 could barely take off in my field. It was a bit heavy with the standard servos of the day, and needed bigger wheels to take off. Put in an FP .10 and a world of difference. The LA is a bit lighter and a bit more power again, marginally. I kind of get tired of the OS fan stories too, but they refined the designs down to an art there.
Without getting into it too much, OS' strongest suit is marketing. Secondly, they make an engine so anybody can fire it up, run it, and not destroy it in 3 runs. They have great Carburetors which allows the more novice users to adjust the engine easier. But the same can be said for Thunder Tiger. With most of today's sport engines, it's take it out of the box, mount on a plane, and go fly it. The better quality engines will require a little more skill and time to properly break in the engine. I am not saying OS doesn't make a quality engine per sé, I am just saying I have higher standards and OS doesn't meet those standards. But back to the topic... The little TT .15 has a few days left at auction and no bids. The Super Tigre X11 has about 6hrs left. I'll try to nab both if I can. They're both at a pretty low price right now. Right now the smallest engine I own besides the FP .10 is an ST S29 and I wouldn't mind getting a few of the smaller engines and obscure isn't out of the question for me. I like weird and uncommon.