RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone - Mosquito Mk VI BNF Basic Retracts
Old 07-08-2014, 07:59 AM
Habaneroe
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hookedonrc
This has been one of those non-ending projects that you get once in a while. I looked at the Parkzone Mosquito when it was announced and liked it for my first twin engine plane. Good way to get started I thought, and being new, I was aware it would be awhile before I got it. So I ordered the retracts and battery in advance. Then the wait...and wait and wait. I am not upset about that part, on any new item, it is to be expected. So at the end of January in it came and I put it in the closet for later. I was working on a Pulse 125 and needed to get it done first.

Ok so I get it done last week, pulled out the Mosquito and started assembly....first step install the retracts and add the retract supports that come with the Mosquito... Searched the box 4 times...not there. Now Horizon has been great, but the retract supports are on Backorder and I will get them in July sometime. Meaning that from order to flight will be approximately 9 months ...geesh.

However, even that is ok as I have other things to do and it is flying season. BUT...it did give me a thought...I wonder if this was a problem in others as well, what with the parts on back order for 5 months.

Questions are: Did anyone else experience this? AND Can I just cut the supports for the non-retractable gear and make those work till I get the backordered ones? They look the same except for the bend and support area at the top of the support wire. If I remove the bend, it looks just like the missing part.
i just bought this set up and the guy told me that you simply have to cut the strut on the wheels at the right place and it will work.