RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is Tower Hobbies falsely advertising?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 04:54 PM
mattnew
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mrdhud
Guys I did go to the check out page that's when I released I would have to pay the shipping charge. Can no one see by the pictures I posted that one may think you would get free shipping? This is not one guy trying to trash any one and I did contact Tower about this and they responded that the free shipping was only for the 9.99 and I would have to pay the 77.80 charge. I guess it comes down to what your definition of free shipping is.
If you had picked the default shipping which usually gets to your house in under a week, you would have had free shipping. going by the shipping calculator it looks like you picked the 2-day express shipping to Bartow Florida. I don't think anybody expects the express shipping to be free and in fact it does state in the ad that it is "free domestic ground shipping", or the cheap one...

I don't think its false advertising..

from when I click on "details" next to the free shipping link"

Applies only to our domestic standard ground shipping. All other shipping methods are reduced by the amount equal to our standard shipping charge. Express, surcharge and international charges still apply.

Last edited by mattnew; 07-11-2014 at 04:59 PM.