RCU Forums - View Single Post - tornado s30
Thread: tornado s30
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 06:19 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by greentornado
cvds are doing fine so far, but i put something back together too tight or need some new bearings also need to replace one hub since i tore it up a but taking it out. gonna look over that next week. Got to looking over my volcano, and need to replace the throttle servo, it just twitches while the other is fine. Aside from the hexfly servo, is there any that would work better? So im looking into alternative servos and tx/rx combo, looking for something i can use with multiple cars. Im looking to gain a losi LST in the next 6 months as well as a mini electric of some sort like the mini 8ight.
I use tower pro MG996r servos in many of my rc's. not the best, but a decent torque metal geared servo that isn't expensive (about $15 on ebay)
I currently am using a flysky GT3c radio. it is compatible with the redcat receiver, but has 10 model memory as well as some other nice features. And the large LCD screen is easy to use. It also has a rechargeable lipo battery. It is about $60 shipped (check hobbypartz, maybe on ebay to)
So, you can buy that radio plus another receiver for well under $100 and have what you need for your current model plus the ones you are looking to buy. and if you sell the stock radio/receiver from the LST and mini 8ight those will pay for the flysky radio and maybe leave you some extra as well.
Ive owned the vaterra Kalahari...which is based on the mini 8ight platform. It is very capable for a sub -1/10 scale rc. I got mine when they were starting to discontinue them....$115 shipped RTR! If you can find one for less than $150 new, think about getting that over the mini 8ight. the mini 8ight is a bit more race worthy (wider track width) but the Kalahari is very good for the money and shares about 60-70% of the same parts.