RCU Forums - View Single Post - tornado s30
Thread: tornado s30
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 08:00 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by greentornado
picked up 2 futaba s3003 servos for now at my LHS. but its too late to take the volcano out and tune it in. i think next week im gonna order new bearings and shocks for the tornado, found one bent up from the last run... Ill be looking more into that radio, but i guess its only an online brand as i inquired about it at hobby town today.
yeh, even if your hobby shop knows about the flysky I doubt they would tell you about it....since it is much less expensive than a futaba / Spektrum or similar radio capable of the same stuff. For a Spektrum radio that can do the same, you will spend well over $100...then receivers will be another $30 each. Spektrum radios are nice, and if you can afford it they are higher quality. But for most hobbiest..general bashers and occasional racers the flysky unit will work very well and not hurt the wallet as much.

But flysky, hobbywing, ezrun and a few other "online" only brands have been around for awhile and have proven to be dependable and great value. I have my flysky gt3c for my cars and a flysky 6ch radio for my planes. And many of the redcat radios are just re-branded flysky units (which is why your stock receiver will work with the GTC3 radio.)