RCU Forums - View Single Post - Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here
Old 07-22-2014, 01:09 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by IBobi
I have not seen this issue reported before -- can you give more information so that tech can address this? What versions of Chrome and IE? Is it doing that in FF for you too?

I'm not 100% clear what you mean... copy an edited post? Can you explain clearly what exactly is going on and when it happens? Thank you!
If you go back in this thread and find my posts, probably 75% of them are reporting this problem.

I use Windows 7, IE 10 or Chrome - 36.0.1985.125

As to the problem.

I write a post, look it over and hit submit - fine All works great.

I read it over and find 2 typos and would like to add something so I go to edit it.

Make my changes, make my additions, hit save ... and wait, and wait, and wait .. .30 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes. Nothing happens. no update, no reject, no little spinning arrow indicating something is happening.

So what do I do?

I copy the edited post.

I hit refresh on the browser

I get the old version of the post on my screen.

I hit edit again.

I delete the old post and past in the new post and hit save.

Update occurs and my new post is shown on the screen.

And this works 100% of the time. I have no idea why.

I probably edit most of my posts and this is what I have to go through about 50% of the time. No rhyme or reason to it.

And I never have this problem on any of the other forms including RCG, Wattflyer, Flyingcircus, ***********s, RCDiscuss and others. Never have this problem on any of them.

I normally use IE but I changed over to Chrome for a while to see if it would help. It didn't, so I am back to IE.

I hope that clarifies the point.

BTY I am on a cable internet connection.

============================
edit: Just for fun I edited this post to see what would happen. This is where I hit save..

Nothing happened. I waited for 2 full minutes and nothing happened. I copied the post did this edit and then hit save and it worked. So if the time stamp on this post helps maybe you can see what is going on.

I then went in to edit again and added this line of text. If there are not further comments then it worked.

Last edited by aeajr; 07-22-2014 at 01:15 PM.