RCU Forums - View Single Post - Original Kyosho Optima
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 01:05 PM
Twistedteddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Original Kyosho Optima

So I found this car in a storage unit. Ive had a few planes and when I was younger I had a hobbygrade car but this is older. And I could use some help with info.it came with the original novak t4. But had no motor, or center gear. And all the shock clamps were broke. Well I got board one day. So I put zip ties on the shocks to keep the clamps in place. I had an old 18v black and decker drill motor which bolted right in that I rigged the novak to and threw in my 11.1v 2100mah lipos in it and its alive! Lol! It has no reverse and the plastic center gear I rigged is now babys bottom smooth due to the torque but this hing FLIES! I can no longer drive it till I get a new center gear but thats prob a good thing. What kinda damage is being done to this esc, plus y no reverse? The drill had reverse. And any help with info or parts would also be greatly appreciated. I really wanna get this thing back to good working condition with upgrades. I here u can convert it from chain drive to belt. Any info on that would be great. Unfortunately all I have is a phone thats not allowing me to post pics... so no pics yet.

Last edited by Twistedteddy; 07-25-2014 at 01:45 PM.