RCU Forums - View Single Post - More...custom...trucks! Build pics thread!!!
Old 08-05-2014, 08:09 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nitrosportsandrunner
syco id love to see more pics of that tank thing. I have often wished for a tank tread RC that actually was fun to drive! Ive had a brushless kyosho blizzard...but low ground clearance, narrow tracks with short treads and poor weight distribution means they don't really work that well for offroading.

Id love to build a tracked vehicle that had some ground clearance and strongly angled approach on the front of the tracks so it could climb over stuff. If it could do that and go 20mph it would be fun for sure.
Actually now I'm redoing an actual RC tank, which those parts in that one I have the pick of were parts off of(they were spares I had).
Bought a cheap HengLong Tiger I(paid like $90 shipped) a few years back that I lost the AM controller to, and I've been retrofitting it with RC car parts Actually this was abandoned for a long time, but I restarted it thanks to Phaximus's cheap ESC recommendation a few months back.

BTW here are the other pics of that one I built with the truck body.

main issue I hit with it were the wheels I used were made for drive, and I reamed them out a bit to fit small ball bearings in so they could spin free. The plastic cracked after a few months due to the weight... It probably would have been fine if I spent the extra on the metal ones(they were like $20 a pair...). But meh I might try making a half track one day out of the gearbox's, and tracks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	trank3.jpg
Views:	10023
Size:	411.9 KB
ID:	2020331   Click image for larger version

Name:	trank4.jpg
Views:	9888
Size:	347.7 KB
ID:	2020332   Click image for larger version

Name:	trank5.jpg
Views:	10096
Size:	400.4 KB
ID:	2020333  

Last edited by SyCo_VeNoM; 08-05-2014 at 08:13 AM.